Cantonment Public School is one of the most prestigious and important educational institutions in Dhaka. The school is located in the heart of the Dhaka Cantonment, comprising of an area of 3.2 acres of land.
Adamjee Cantonment Public School was established in 1960 under the patronage of Al-Haj Gul Mohammed Adamjee, a leading industrialist of the then Pakistan. The foundation stone was laid on 13 January 1958 by the spouse of Gul Mohammed Adamjee. Field Marshall Mohammed Ayub Khan, the- then President of Pakistan, formally inaugurated the School on 27 January 1960. The classes started functioning from the same day with only six classes, from class Four to Nine. The first batch of students appeared in the Matriculation Examination in 1962. Subsequently, with further expansion of the institution, it was converted into a college and was renamed as Adamjee Cantonment College. In 1995, for some administrative reasons and also for ensuring more effective teaching, the school section was totally bifurcated and shifted to its present location and its original name ''Adamjee Cantonment Public School'' was reinstated.