Scholastica was established in 1977 by Mrs. Yasmeen Murshed. It was founded with a mission to provide a balanced and well-rounded education for all our students, using English as the primary medium of instruction but placing equal emphasis on Bangla.
Scholastica's mission is to build curious, knowledgeable and caring young individuals, who will be equipped to tackle head-on the challenges of our modern-day “global village”. They will aspire to become responsible citizens, who will embrace and respect people from other cultures and walks of life.
Scholastica has built a reputation as a pioneer in education in Bangladesh being one of the first local private schools to...
- offer English-medium instruction
- provide science labs for secondary school students
- develop a custom-built campus with numerous facilities, including auditoriums, a swimming pool and numerous hard courts
- forge international connections through sports and trips abroad
- hire foreign experts to develop curriculum
- provide mandatory, international-standard training for teachers and management
- introduce sophisticated technology to manage data and information systems
- launch an internship program
- introduce multimedia technology in classrooms
All these firsts have been achieved through the vision, hard work, passion and dedication of the faculty and management of Scholastica.