This is a fun game that can be played in the building car park or on the rooftop. Played between 2 teams, bucket and sponge relay race is a very fun and popular game for campers. To play the game, you need:
1) 2 buckets
2) 2 cups
3) 2 sponges
Set the Ground:
- Fill 2 of the buckets with water and put a sponge in each one of them. (Starting Point)
- Keep the 2 empty cups/mugs about 30 feet away from the water filled buckets. (Ending Point)
So your playground if set now it's time to pick teams.
- You can have more than 2 teams, but then you will have to increase the number of buckets, cups and sponges accordingly.
- Make sure every team has an equal number of players.
How to play
- One player from each team will race against each other.
- When the referee gives the signal, they each take a sponge in dip in a bucket of water.
- Then they run towards the empty cups and start filling their team’s cup with the water from the sponge.
- The player runs back to the Starting Line and hands over the sponge to a teammate.
- Teammate 2 repeats the whole process before passing the sponge to a third teammate.
- The cycle continues until one of the cups get full with water.
The team who fills their cup first is the winning team.